Rustle up easy sweet treats with just two ingredients. Yes, that’s all it takes!
Bananas + peanut butter = ice cream
2 heaped tbsp peanut butter
4 large overripe bananas
- Peel the bananas and chop into chunks. Freeze for a couple of hours.
- Put the frozen banana chunks into a food processor and puree until smooth and creamy. Toss in the peanut butter and puree further until well combined.
- Freeze until set. For the best results, blend a couple of times and re-freeze before serving. This makes the ice cream smoother and creamier.
Nutella + eggs = flourless cake
4 large eggs
250 g Nutella
- Pre-heat your oven to 175℃ and prep a round eight-inch springform pan by greasing it and lining it with baking paper on the sides and bottom.
- Beat the eggs with either a hand mixer or stand mixer until stiff.
- Make sure the Nutella is soft before you add it to the beaten eggs. Else, you can microwave it for 15 to 20 seconds.
- First, add only ⅓ of the egg mixture and gently fold until well mixed. Then add another ⅓ of the whipped eggs and gently fold again. Finally, pour in the remaining mixture. It’s important to do this gently and in batches so that the whipped eggs do not lose air and fall flat.
- Pour this batter into springform pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Completely cool before cutting and serving.
Chocolate fudge + almond milk = fudge popsicles
½ cup chocolate spread
1 ½ cups chocolate-flavored almond milk
- Add chocolate spread to a bowl.
- Add half a cup of milk and whisk until smooth.
- Slowly, whisk in the remaining milk.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds, add sticks and freeze overnight.
Related Article: Fitter Platter.