How about a sin tonight?
Chocolate Raspberry Caprese With Dark Chocolate Glaze
Cooking time: 120 minutes
Calorie count: 275 calories (per serving)
For the dark chocolate mousse:
65 ml cream
65 ml milk
20 g caster sugar
25 g egg yolk
225 g whipped cream
185 g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
For the raspberry jelly:
18 g glucose
100 g raspberry puree
18 g sugar
75 g frozen raspberries
1.5 g agar-agar
3.5 g pectin
For the dark glaze:
325 g sugar
225 ml water
22 g gelatine
150 g cocoa powder
270 g cream
- For the raspberry jelly, boil raspberry jelly with glucose. Mix the sugar, pectin, and agar-agar together in a bowl. Gradually add this mixture to the puree, whisking continuously. Cook until the mixture is thick and begins to set. Add frozen raspberries to the final mixture and pour into molds. Freeze until set.
- To make the dark glaze, boil water, sugar, and cream together. Slowly add cocoa powder in many parts and cook well. Add soaked gelatine to the hot mixture and blend well.
- To make the dark chocolate mousse, mix the egg yolk and sugar together. Heat the milk and cream. Take off the heat and add in the egg yolk and sugar mixture. Place the pan back on heat and cook until it thickens. Then pour it over the finely chopped chocolate and blend the mixture well. Gently fold in the whipped cream and mix.
- To assemble, pour the dark chocolate mousse into molds. Top with raspberry jelly and pour another layer of mousse. Freeze until set. Then cover with dark glaze and serve.
Tip: For an eggless version, skip the egg yolks and milk, and add more whipped cream.
Lemon Posset With Berry Compote
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Calorie count: 350 calories (per serving)
For the lemon posset:
50 ml lemon juice
250 g heavy cream
50 g sugar
For the Berry Compote:
100 g caster sugar
150 ml water
25 g corn flour
170 g frozen berries (mixed)
100 g passion fruit puree
- To prepare the berry compote, boil the passion fruit puree with sugar.
- In another bowl, make a slurry with corn flour and water.
- Next, mix this slurry into the warm passion fruit puree and cook well.
- To prepare the lemon posset, bring the cream to a boil. Add sugar and continue to stir until it dissolves.
- Take off the heat and let it cool down to 40℃ to 50℃. Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Pour into glasses or molds.
- Top it with berry compote and serve chilled.
Tip: In the compote, you can replace the passion fruit puree with mango pulp and use only 50g sugar.
Related Article: Two to Tango.