Always wanted to try your hand at putting together a true-blue Italian meal? Fret not. We will help you with these authentic recipes.
PeraPear: Red Wine, Lychee Juice, and Vodka
Calorie count: 250 calories (per serving)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
100 ml of lychee juice
1 fresh lychee
15 ml lime juice
15 ml red wine
60 ml vodka
- Muddle the lychee in a cocktail shaker.
- Add some fresh lime juice, ice, vodka, and lychee juice.
- Shake all the ingredients well and pour into a glass.
- Top the drink with red wine.
- Serve chilled.
Tip: Pour it in a tall beer glass and garnish it with a lemon/orange slice or a lychee.
Strozzapreti Alla Norma: Hand Twisted Pasta with Tomato Sauce and Eggplant
Calorie count: 350 calories (per serving)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
200 g tomato sauce
120 g strozzapreti pasta
30 g smoked Scarmoza cheese
15 g garlic, finely chopped
60 g eggplant, diced and fried
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for about five minutes.
- To prepare the sauce, heat olive oil in a pan and add the garlic. Fry for a few seconds before adding eggplant and tomato sauce.
- Season the pasta and cook until the sauce gains a rich texture.
- Serve hot after garnishing with fresh basil.
Tip: Garnish the pasta with crispy fried eggplant skin and smoked Scarmoza.
Risotto Al Beetroot: Italian Rice with Goat Cheese and Beetroot
Calorie count: 450 calories (per serving)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
30 ml olive oil
180 g risotto rice, parboiled
20 g onion
250 ml vegetable stock
30 ml white wine
30 ml beetroot puree
30 g chopped beetroot
40 g butter
Salt and black pepper, to taste
30 g Grana Padano cheese
30 g goat cheese
- Heat some olive oil in a pan on low flame. Add chopped onions and saute until translucent.
- Add the risotto rice and pour in the vegetable stock and white wine. Turn up the heat to medium-high and let it cook for about ten minutes.
- Lower the flame and add beetroot puree along with chopped beetroot. Season.
- Mix well and add in the Grana Padano cheese, goat cheese, and butter. Serve hot.
Tip: Garnish the risotto with balsamic caviar and burrata cheese.
Related Article: The Big Dip.