At some point or the other comes a time when we find it tough to go beyond “happy birthday”. Fret not. We bring you a guide that will help you find the perfect happy birthday message, happy birthday wishes or happy birthday quotes.
The best part about this article is that you don’t have to read the entire article – you can just click on the category of birthday wishes you’re searching for and go straight to that section. You can also pick different messages from different sections and come up with a unique happy birthday wish! And once you’ve decided the birthday greeting, don’t hesitate to spread the birthday vibes – select a classic happy birthday gift idea! Either way, we hope this guide helps you send the best birthday greeting.
Happy Birthday Wishes for Husband
Your S.O’s birthday is right around the corner and you have no freaking clue where to start with the greeting. We bring you a list of personal and extraordinary birthday wishes for your husband that is guaranteed to put a huge smile on his face!
1. You are smart, funny, dashing and the man of my dreams! Happy birthday, my love!
2. I was going to say ‘May God fulfill all your wishes’ but he kind of already did when you met me. Happy birthday!
3. Dear husband, thank you for cheering me up and being by my side. You’re the best! Happy birthday!
4. Happy birthday, love! You are the most thoughtful and kind-hearted man I have ever come across in my life.
5. Dear husband, thank you for showing me the meaning of true love. Happy birthday!
6. I promise I will let you pick movies, share my food, not get mad if you hog the covers IN YOUR DREAMS! Happy birthday, baby!
7. Many many happy returns of the day darling! May God shower all his blessings on you and fill your life with love and joy!
8. Happy birthday! Thank you for letting me go crazy with your credit card! I really love you.
9. Wishing my understanding, caring and supporting husband a fun-filled birthday!
Happy Birthday Wishes for Wife
No matter how forgetful you are, what you cannot forget is your wife’s birthday. Because if you do, you’re looking for trouble. So set reminders in your calendars, devices, etc. and most importantly, tell her how lucky you are to have a wife like her in your life. And if you fall short of words, we have some fantastic birthday wishes for your lovely wife:
10. You are fantastic, sexy, funny and smart. I am so glad I agreed to marry you! Happy birthday, baby!
11. Happy birthday, sweetheart! Just pretend this is a really long letter full of love and smile wide so that everyone looking at you thinks I sent you the best birthday greeting! 😛
12. Love, you are the best thing that happened to me. I love you. Happy birthday!
13. Many many happy returns of the day sweetie! May God shower all his blessings on you and fill your life with love and joy!
14. I am going to let you use my card and buy anything you want…said no man ever! Happy birthday, sweets!
15. Darling, thank you for blessing my life with love, care, support, joy, and laughter. Happy birthday to the most amazing woman on this planet!
16. May all your dreams and wishes come true,
Happy birthday sweet pea,
I love you!
17. Instead of saying you’re getting old, I’ll prefer saying you’re aging gracefully. Happy birthday, honey!
18. Happy birthday! Baby, I am truly lucky to call you mine.
19. Happy birthday! I hope this day makes you feel as good as when I’m down on you…helping you itch the rash you couldn’t reach!
Happy Birthday Wishes for Mother
You can be 4 or 40 but your mother’s birthday will always be a special day in your life. Mothers are extraordinary human beings who guide and protect their children throughout their lives. They selflessly love everyone around them and demand for nothing in return. Send your mother a heartwarming birthday wish that’s special – just like her.
20. Dearest mother, happy birthday! I will never be able to thank you enough for everything that you have done for me. You’re the best mother in the whole world!
21. Happy birthday, mum! No matter where I go and what I do, just remember that you are irreplaceable. I love you.
22. Mother, thank you for your immense support and unconditional love. You’re amazing. Have fun on your special day!
23. Dear mom, I know you’re getting older every day but you’re getting younger at heart every second! Cheers to that!
24. Mother, I am so lucky to have you in my life. You deserve nothing but the best. Happy birthday!
25. Dear Mum, thank you for teaching me how to be a kind and wise human being. You did a fantastic job raising me! I am forever indebted to you.
26. Happy birthday to the most amazing mother on this planet! Thank you for all the love and care.
27. Mother, it’s your birthday and on this auspicious day, I hope you get all the love and happiness you deserve!
28. Many many happy returns of the day mom! May God shower all his blessings on you!
29. Mother, you are the strongest person I have ever come across in my life. I hope you keep smiling and may you have a life filled with nothing else but joy and laughter!
Happy Birthday Wishes for Father
Some of us are blessed with a father but we fail to acknowledge him. More than often, we take him for granted and regret it when he’s no longer in our lives. Show him the love and care he deserves by sending him a greeting filled with warmth and love – just like his embrace.
30. Dear daddy, thank you for protecting me and teaching me everything I needed to know. Happy birthday!
31. Happy birthday, dad! Thank you for standing by my side through thick and thin, helping get through the darkest of days and making me a stronger human being.
32. Many many happy returns of the day daddy! May God shower all his blessings on you and fill your life with love and joy!
33. Dear dad, thank you for giving me the wings to fly and showing me how to expand my horizon! You’re the best1 Happy birthday!
34. Father, I am truly blessed to have an inspirational and successful person like you in my life. Have a fantastic birthday!
35. Dear daddy, thank you for the immense love, loads of laughter and tons of good memories. You’re my rock and you deserve to have a rocking birthday!
36. Sending you truckloads of love this birthday daddy! Cheers to the most amazing dad on the entire planet!
37. Father, I have never thanked you for your efforts. Today is the perfect day to thank you for your support, guidance, warmth, care, and love. Have a fabulous birthday!
38. Daddy, I feel proud to have a cool dad like you. Cheers!
39. Dear dad, thank you for being my best friend. Happy birthday!
Happy Birthday Wishes for Brother
You’ve probably grown up with your *annoying* brother and shared your childhood with him. Remind your brother that he’s still the most annoying (but your favorite) brother and even though you hate to admit it, he is your favorite man to have fun with!
40. Happy birthday, brother! I am glad to have you as my brother and best friend. Thank you for everything!
41. Even though we found you in a trash can, I want you to have the best birthday ever! Happy birthday!
42. Brother, thank you for bossing me and embarrassing me throughout my life. I can’t wait to return the favor. But until then, I do hope you have a fantastic year ahead!
43. Happy birthday, brother! Thank you for guiding and supporting me!
44. Fabulous brothers deserve fabulous birthdays so make sure you have a fab birthday brother! Love you brother! Cheers!
45. Your love cannot be compared to any treasure! Hope you have a splendid birthday brother!
46. May every single day of your life be blessed with booze, babes, and truckloads of fun! Happy birthday!
47. Many many happy returns of the day brother! May God shower all his blessings on you and fill your life with love and joy!
48. Brother, thank you for guiding and protecting me. You’re everything I could wish for! Happy birthday!
49. Dear brother, thank you for standing by my side when I needed you. You’ll always be my partner in crime! XOXO
For more birthday wishes for brother, click here.
Happy Birthday Wishes for Sister
Yes, you shared a childhood with your sister and she annoyed you all. the. damn. time. But what about the times she helped you cover up when your parents were looking for the opportunity to straighten you out? And what about all the relationship and shopping advice? Payback your little sister with some personal and unique messages on her special day!
50. Dear sister, I hope you have a life full of excitement, joyful surprises, and great discoveries!
51. Thanks for making me look bad at every family get-together sister. Just kidding! You’re an incredible woman and I hope you have an incredible birthday!
52. Sister, thank you for being my best friend all these years. You’re hella annoying but I still adore you for what you are! Happy birthday!
53. Dear sister, heartfelt wishes for a year full of happiness and opportunities!
54. Happy birthday to my favorite sister! Wishing you truckloads of fun and lots of good days!
55. Happy birthday to the smartest, prettiest and funniest sister in the whole world. (Not really, mum paid me $5 to tell you that LOL). Just kidding. You really are the best!
56. Many many happy returns of the day sister! May God shower all his blessings on you and fill your life with love and joy!
57. Dear sister, thank you for lighting up my days when I felt sad and making me laugh even when I didn’t even want to smile. Happy birthday!
58. Sister, you understand me better than anyone in the world even when I can’t understand you at all. (Because you’re weird LOL.) Happy birthday, kid!
59. Dear sis, happy birthday! I hope all your dreams and fantasies come true!
For more birthday wishes for sister, click here.
Happy Birthday Wishes for Children
Children are extremely special to their parents and why shouldn’t they be? They’ve come a long way from learning to take their first steps to becoming successful individuals. But no matter how old they become, children are always well, children to their parents. And searching for the right words for your children to greet them on their birthdays can be tough. We bring you a list of personal and heartfelt wishes for your son and daughter to help you express your feelings. Take your pick!
Happy Birthday Wishes for Son
60. Dear Son, I am proud of the strong and sensible man you’ve become. Hope you have a great birthday!
61. Even though we are not perfect parents, we are blessed with a perfect son! Happy birthday!
62. Many many happy returns of the day son! May God shower all his blessings on you and fill your life with love and joy!
63. Happy birthday, son! You will always be loved and cared for.
64. Son, I thank God every day for the incredible child he blessed us with. You are our joy and sunshine. Keep spreading your love and kindness! Happy birthday!
65. Dear son, I hope you have a life full of excitement, joyful surprises, and great discoveries!
66. I am proud to have a fabulous son like you. Happy birthday!
67. Happy birthday, son! Thank you for adding joy and laughter to our lives.
68. Son, you’re always going to be our sunshine. Happy birthday!
69. Dear son, you’re an incredible man. Have an incredible birthday!
Happy Birthday Wishes for Daughter
70. Dear daughter, continue to shine and sparkle and fill our lives with laughter and joy. Happy birthday!
71. Hope your birthday is as incredible, unique and beautiful as you are. Happy birthday!
72. I am proud of the young and sensible woman you have become. Happy birthday, daughter!
73. It is a privilege and honor to be your parent. I am so proud of you sweetheart! Have an amazing birthday!
74. Dear daughter, you mean the world to us. Hope your life is filled with laughter and joy!
75. I thank God for a daughter like you. I love you. Happy birthday!
76. Dear daughter, we are sending you a special birthday coupon – being grounded will be exempted on one occasion of your choice. Can anything be better than this gift? A Louis Vuitton maybe? Well, you can buy that yourself.
77. I am a cool parent so I’m choosing not to humiliate you with childhood stories on all social media sites. 😛 So, I’ll just go ahead and wish you a very Happy birthday!
78. Dear daughter, I’m so glad that you’ve learnt to count blessings instead of boyfriends. Happy birthday!
79. We love being your parents, so get married quickly and let us enjoy being grandparents too!
Happy Birthday Wishes for a Friend
Your friend not only deserves the best birthday party, but also the best birthday greeting. Send your friend an awesome birthday message to show you awesome
you they are!
80. Many many happy returns of the day! May God shower all his blessings on you and fill your life with love and joy!
81. Happy birthday to my funny, sassy and fantastic friend!
82. May every day of your life be as amazing as
me our friendship!
83. Wishing you a memorable day filled with joy, laughter and a lifetime filled with nothing but happiness! Happy birthday!
84. Happy birthday! I hope you have a glorious year ahead!
85. Dear friend, let us redefine the meaning of our friendship this year! Happy birthday!
86. Happy birthday! Thank you for liking all my posts and going through all the same drama over and over again.
87. Dear friend, I am incredibly fortunate to be blessed with a friend like you in my life. Happy birthday and hope you have a great year ahead!
88. Happy birthday, friend! Money can’t buy friendship but it can buy a cake. In my defense, I’m broke so you’ll just have to accept this birthday greeting. 😛
89. Happy birthday to my
old mature friend! Have a blast!
Happy Birthday Wishes for Boyfriend
You might throw a surprise party for your boyfriend on his birthday or go out for the weekend but it’s going to be incomplete without a sincere birthday greeting. Tell him how much you love him by sending him a nice birthday greeting from the following list:
90. May every day of your life be as amazing as me our relationship!
91. Happy birthday to the most special man in my life!
92. Many many happy returns of the day baby! May God shower all his blessings on you and fill your life with love and joy!
93. Sending you an ocean of joy and laughter on your special day! Happy birthday!
94. Happy birthday! You have taught me the meaning of love and life. Thank you for always being there for me!
95. If there were a prize for being the best boyfriend in the world, you’d undoubtedly win it! Happy birthday, babe!
96. Happy birthday to the sexiest, hottest and smartest guy in the world!
97. I feel incredibly blessed to be the girlfriend of a strong, compassionate and loving man. Happy birthday!
98. Happy birthday, baby! Thank you love for filling my life with joy, pleasure, and excitement!
Happy Birthday Wishes for Girlfriend
Be the guy she respects you for being – charming, responsible and caring. Send your girlfriend a birthday greeting full of love and tell her how special she is. She’s already expecting it so instead of disappointing her with a dull, boring reply, pick a message that will impress her.
99. Many many happy returns of the day sweetie! May God shower all his blessings on you and fill your life with love and joy!
100. Happy birthday, darling! I forever wish to be by your side and celebrate all your birthdays with you.
101. May all your life be as special as your birthday. Happy birthday!
102. Happy birthday to the love of my life! I cannot and don’t want to imagine my life without you.
103. I would’ve written a long poem for you if I were a poet, but I’m not so you’ll just have to accept this greeting! However, as your lover, I’m going to prove my love for you tonight. *wink* Happy birthday!
104. Happy birthday to the sexiest, hottest and smartest girl in the world!
105. Sending my love loads of love and millions of kisses on her special day! Happy birthday!
106. Happy birthday to the most special girl in my life!
107. No gift can ever compare to your love…which is why I didn’t buy you any! Happy birthday!
108. Happy birthday to my sweet, loving and caring girlfriend!
Cute Happy Birthday Wishes
There’s nothing as good as a cute birthday greeting so read on to find the cutest birthday greetings:
109. Happy birthday best tea (bestie)!
110. Hope your birthday is as poppin’ as a tub of popcorn!
111. Happy birthday to a koalaty (quality) friend!
112. Two important things to remember on your birthday:
#1 You’re the best
#2 Forget the present, I didn’t get you one
113. You’re old but I don’t carrot all (care at all)! Happy birthday!
114. For the record, you’re not old, you’re a classic. Happy birthday!
115. In wine years, you’re extra fine. Happy birthday!
116. You are AwFul – Awesome and Wonderful. Happy birthday!
117. Have an egg-cellent (excellent) birthday!
118. You’re one in a melon/minion (million). Happy birthday!
Funny Happy Birthday Wishes
A birthday message doesn’t always have to be full of love; some like it with a pinch of humor and sass. If you’re looking for a birthday message that’s funny, smart and outright hilarious, then you’re in the right place.
119. Wishing you a day as unforgettable as I am! Happy birthday!
120. Funny, beautiful and smart. You kind of remind me of me. Oh and happy birthday!
121. Well done for being born many many years ago! Happy birthday!
122. You have me so I don’t know what else you have to wish for…but knock yourself out. Happy birthday!
123. I remembered your birthday – without looking on Facebook. Happy birthday!
124. You were born on this day so we are going to put tiny sticks of fire in all kinds of baked goods and sing for you while you stand there awkwardly. Happy birthday!
125. I wanted to send you something sexy but the postman told me to get out of the mailbox. Happy birthday!
126. Today we celebrate the only day you won a race. Happy birthday!
127. It’s surprising and remarkable for how long we’ve tolerated each other. Happy birthday!
128. Happy birthday to the funniest, classiest, and prettiest biatch I know…other than myself, of course!
General Happy Birthday Wishes
You might need a birthday greeting that isn’t extremely personal but isn’t something as boring as a simple “happy birthday” for someone like your boss, or your co-worker. We bring you a list o birthday messages that are slightly more formal than the rest.
129. May God bless you on your special day. Happy birthday!
130. Many many happy returns of the day (name)! May God shower all his blessings on you and fill your life with happiness and joy!
131. Happy birthday! I hope you do something amazing and fun to do today!
132. Another year has passed by and you’ve become wiser, stronger, and funnier. Happy birthday and cheers to that!
133. Sending you warm wishes and love on your birthday.
134. Happy birthday! Click pictures, have fun, be safe and enjoy every second of your exciting life!
135. Every year, I am even more grateful to have someone like you in my life. Happy birthday!
136. It’s been a crazy year full of challenges but you only came out stronger! Happy birthday!
137. I hope this year is sweet and gentle to you and gives you nothing but days filled with warmth and joy.
138. Happy birthday and best of luck for everything in the year to come!
Classic Birthday Gift Ideas
Searching for birthday gift ideas for your boyfriend or searching for homemade birthday gift ideas? Or you’re looking for a special gift but running out of ideas? (or money?)
We bring you a list of seven classic gift ideas that you can never go wrong with. And the best part? They fit in every type of budget from ₹₹ to ₹₹₹₹₹₹.
- Greeting card/letter
- Throw a *Surprise* Party
- Plan a Vacation
Let us look at them one by one.
A bouquet of roses for your significant other, a bunch of tulips for your mother or father or your sister make up for a pretty decent gift. Flowers are an excellent way of showing the other person you care and they are special to you. You can customize everything in a bouquet from its size to the kind of flowers you want. For instance, you are looking for flowers for say, your friend and your budget is ₹100. In that case, gifting him/her a bunch of roses in their favorite color.
In case you are looking for something really extravagant and exclusive and the price isn’t an issue, go for something with Orchids or Liliums. Just present your bouquet with panache and you’ll be fine.
Who doesn’t love food? If you are looking for a cake that won’t cost you an arm and a leg then it is advisable to make one by yourself. Baking a cake requires a handful of ingredients and endless possibilities for customization. You can let your imagination go wild and get creative. You can make a gigantic three-layer cake or a couple of cute cupcakes – it’s all up to you! Whip out an apron and start bakin’!
However, if you’re in a rush or maybe if you have something particular in mind (like your partner loves a fancy cake from Claire Ptak’s), go ahead and gift them that.
3. Greeting Cards/Handwritten Letter
Cards and letter might sound archaic but the truth is people still love them and for one simple reason – they are extremely thoughtful and personal. It can be a tiny card from the corner gift shop or an elaborate Gilded Age greeting card depending on your taste and budget. You can also pour out your heart and tell them why you’re grateful to have them in your life and present to them on their special day.
4. Cook/Take them out for Dinner
Your mum loves handmade cookies? Make ‘em instead of being shy. If you are known for whipping up a storm then go a step further and cook something they really like. All you need is a few ingredients and a little time. And if you want to do something pricey, you can always make a reservation at The Plaza…
5. Throw a *Surprise* Party
Invite their friends, bring in the liquor and a DJ. It’s obvious, right? Wrong. A party might sound like fun if you’re still in your early 20’s but are you really looking forward to people puking all over your house? Do something significant which adds up to their life like inviting their long lost friends (Umm, not the crazy ex’s but rest’s all cool) over for a dinner. This will be the perfect excuse for you to invite all their friends and let them bond all over again and reminisce about all the good times.
They are guaranteed to feel grateful to you for being so thoughtful and you’ll be appreciated more than you think.
6. Plan a Vacation
It doesn’t matter if it’s your mother or your father, or your BFF because everyone loves vacations and all the priceless memories associated with it! If you’re low on the budget then take them out to the nearby attractions. For instance, if you live in Mumbai, take them on a short holiday to Lonavala.
If you don’t mind splurging, then there’s the entire world waiting for you. From exotic destinations to adventurous treks, take your pick!