We’ve put together a colorful menu perfect for family meals.
Mixed Lettuce Salad With Guava Dressing
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Calorie Count: 100 calories (per serving)
20g Lolo rosso Lettuce
15g iceberg Lettuce
10g romaine Lettuce
10g aragula Lettuce
5g fresh parsley
10g carambola (starfruit)
10g fresh fennel
3g black pepper powder
3g red chilli powder
For the dressing:
15ml olive oil
5ml lime juice
- Mix together the pureed guava, olive oil, and lime juice until smooth and flowing.
- In a large salad mixing bowl, combine all the other ingredients and drizzle with dressing.
- Toss gently.
- Serve cold along with potato chips.
Tip: Replace the guava dressing with a basic vinaigrette for a low-cal version.
Pindi Chole Fajitas With Avocado
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Calorie Count: 150 Calories (per serving)
45g onion, chopped
10g ginger juliennes
5g Bay leaves
6g green cardamom
5g pomegranate seed powder
10g ginger paste
5g garlic paste
3g red chilli powder
2g turmeric powder
4g cumin powder
5g coriander powder
8g garam masala powder
Salt, to taste
90g boiled chickpeas
10g mint leaves, chopped
5g kasuri methi
9 corn meal fajitas
30g iceberg Lettuce, shredded
20g onions, sliced
20g tomatoes, deseeded and julienned
40g avocado, sliced
- In a heavy – bottom pan, heat ghee and chopped onion and ginger juliennes. Sauté for a few seconds.
- Add all the whole spices and powdered spices, and sauté.
- Next, add the ginger and garlic pastes, and cook until the rawness disappears.
- Add the boiled chickpeas and adjust the seasoning.
- Finish with chopped coriander, chopped mint leaves, and kasturi methi.
- Heat the fajitas on a non-stick pan and Place them on a serving platter.
- Place iceberg lettuce, julienned tomatoes, sliced onion and avocado.
- Top with pindi chole (spiced chickpeas) and serve.
Tip: If you can’t find corn meal fajitas, besan or methi rotis work well too.
Mango Curry With Red Rice
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Calorie Count: 300 Calories (per serving)
10 ml oil
5g mustard seeds
3g cumin seeds
40g onions, chopped
20g tomatoes, chopped
5g garlic paste
5g ginger paste
10g dry red chilli paste
5g green chillies, chopped
30g green zucchini
20g yellow zucchini
15g button mushrooms, diced
20g bamboo shoot, diced
30g water chestnuts, diced
50g mango pulp
10g raw mango cubes
4g lemon zest
90g red rice, boiled
- In a heavy-bottom pan, heat oil and add cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- Add the chopped onion and tomato, and cook until soft and mushy.
- Next, add the garlic paste and ginger paste and sauté for five minutes.
- Add the red chilli paste and cook until the rawness disappears.
- Toss in the vegetables and cook until firm.
- Pour in the mango pulp and give it a quick stir.
- Add raw mango cubes, vinegar, and lemon zest and turn off the heat.
- Serve hot along with boiled red rice.
Tip: Skip the vinegar and add 50 ml of coconut milk for a creamier version.
Cream Cheese Wontons
220g softened cream cheese
340g wonton wraps
½ cup sugar, powdered
1 egg, whisked with a splash of water
Vegetable oil, for frying
- Mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar together until well combined.
- Lay out the wonton wrappers and Place half a teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture in the middle of each one.
- Lightly brush your fingers with the egg wash and fold the wontons diagonally such as it forms a triangle. Seal tightly, ensuring that there are no bubbles.
- Slightly wet your fingers with water.
- With the longest side of the train facing you, fold the left side to the right, and then gold the left side over it, to the right. Do the same for all.
- Deep fry until crisp and serve hot.
Related Article: Brunch Munchies.