We are back with three utterly delightful recipes to soothe your palate.
750ml red wine
200g brown sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
1 vanilla pod, slit
4 pears, peeled
- Tip the wine, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla into a deep pan and heat gently until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the pears, making sure they are fully covered by the wine, then simmer for 30 minutes until they are just tender.
- Remove the pears with a slotted spoon and boil the syrup for 30 minutes to reduce it and make it syrupy. Cool and then chill for two days. Remove from the fridge an hour before serving.
- This can be made up to two days in advance. Leave the pears in the syrup and refrigerate until you’re ready to finish the recipe.
Beetroot Tikki Chaat
300g beetroot, grated
1 potato boiled
1 green chilli
1-2 tsp coriander leaves
Salt, to taste
Oil, for shallow frying
300g ragda, cooked
100g green chutney
75g date-jaggery chutney
100g hung curd
Chopped coriander leaves, for garnish
- Sauté the beetroot for 5 to 7 minutes on medium heat. Mash the potato until smooth, chop the coriander leaves and green chilli, and grate the paneer. Add salt.
- Mix well and make medium-size roundels and press them into semi-flat tikkis.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow-fry the tikkis on medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Add ragda to a plate and place the beetroot tikki on it.
- Drizzle green chutney, date-jaggery chutney, and hung curd.
- Sprinkle potato straws, chaat masala, and chopped coriander leaves.
One-Bite Treats: Peanut Butter Brownie Bombs
1 pack readymade fudgy brownie mix
1 cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup powdered sugar
A pinch of salt
Melted peanut butter
- Bake the Brownie mix as per the instructions on the box and let it cool.
- Beat the peanut butter, powdered sugar, and salt until creamy. Scoop onto a baking tray and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Cut the brownies into squares and flatten with your palms.
- Roll the peanut butter filling into small balls and wrap the brownies around them.
- Dip each ball into the melted peanut butter and then the melted chocolate.
- Freeze for 30 minutes and roll in coconut flakes and chocolate sprinkles.
Related Article: Honeylicious Recipes.