Quick hassle-free recipes for dinner on nights when you’re too tired to prep.
Bok Choy and Tofu
8 g spring onion, cut into 1-inch lengths
100 g tofu, sliced and deep-fried
20 g Shao Shing wine
6 g aromat powder
2 ml sesame oil
1 coriander stem, cut into ½-inch lengths
2 g white pepper powder
10 ml oyster sauce
5 ml dark soy sauce
5 g rock sugar
10 g Kikkoman soy sauce
10 ml Maggi seasoning sauce
15 ml vegetable stock
20 g chopped garlic
10 ml oil
150 g bok choy, cut into two large pieces
- Blanch the bok choy.
- Heat oil in a wok, add a little oil and saute the bok choy with one teaspoon of seasoning sauce. Remove and place on a plate.
- In another wok, heat the remaining oil and saute the garlic.
- Add the vegetable stock and all the seasoning ingredients, and bring it to a boil.
- Add the fried tofu and spring onions.
- Remove from heat and place on top of the plated bok choy.
Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce and Feta
¼ cup Parmesan, grated
200g feta, cubed
½ cup fresh herbs, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 red chilli, sliced
2 garlic cloves, sliced
4 tbsp olive oil
150 ml tomato sauce
200 g spaghetti
Basil leaves, for garnishing
- Cook the spaghetti as per the instructions on the packet. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil with the garlic and red chilli, and wait for the garlic to sizzle.
- Add in the tomato sauce and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add in the herbs and toss in the cooked spaghetti.
- Turn off the heat and add the feta cheese cubes.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve immediately.
Thai Fried Rice
2 tbsp spring onion greens, finely chopped
1 tbsp pepper powder
3-4 bird’s eye chillies
30 ml vegetable stock
1 ½ tsp salt
50 g French beans, chopped
50 g cabbage, chopped
50 g carrots, chopped
1 ½ tbsp garlic paste
1 tbsp oil
500 g cooked rice
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the garlic paste, then add the eggs, carrot, and cabbage.
- Add the French beans and keep stirring until the eggs are cooked well and the veggies start to soften.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well.
- Add salt, vegetable stock, chillies, and pepper. Mix well.
- Garnish with spring onion greens.
Related Article: Open Sesame.