The best part about the brunch is that it includes every type of food out there. Here are three interesting dishes to whip at your next brekkie-lunch extravaganza.
1. Nutella French Toast
4 bread slices
2 ripe bananas or strawberries, sliced
1 tbsp sugar
Butter, for frying
- Make sandwiches with the Nutella, bananas/strawberries, and bread.
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar, and milk.
- Dip the sandwiches in the egg-milk mixture and shallow fry using a little butter.
- Fry on both the sides until golden brown.
- Serve hot.
2. Egg Tacos
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
Salt and pepper, to taste
8 large eggs, scrambled
1 jalapeño, chopped
1 cup cheese, grated
1 cup chilli flakes
8 large taco shells
- Fry the onions on medium heat, with olive oil and butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Now add the scrambled eggs, grated cheese, chilli flakes, and fried onions. Check seasoning.
- Fill the tacos with the above mixture, and serve immediately with some salsa on the side.
3. Stuffed Eggplants
2 eggplants, sliced lengthwise
All-purpose flour, as required
Oil, as required
For the filling, blend together
2-3 garlic cloves
½ tsp paprika
2-3 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
Salt, to taste
- Dredge the eggplant slices in flour seasoned with salt. Then fry them until light brown on each side.
- Draw on kitchen paper and allow them to cool.
- Spread the filling on each fried eggplant slice and roll up tightly.
- Serve with hung curd dip.